How Are Claims Handled?
Throughout the Claim Process
A GMAC Insurance Claims Professional will assist you in reaching a rapid resolution to your claim. By combining technology with a down-to-earth people approach, we're ready when you need us. Please keep the following in mind if you have a claim:
- If you have yet to notify the authorities, please do so right away. By making a formal report of an accident to the proper agency, you protect yourself and preserve the facts.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your GMAC Insurance Claims Professional (or the authorities).
- Help us provide the kind of Great Claims Service you deserve by providing your GMAC Insurance Claims Professional with as much detail about the accident as you can.
- Protect your property from further damage.
What if I am not insured with GMAC Insurance?
If you are involved in an accident with someone insured by GMAC Insurance, you should contact us directly at: 1-800-325-1088. Our Claims Professionals are ready 24 hours a day - 7 days a week - to take the information needed to begin processing your claim. Please call us right away even if:
- You believe the claim may already be on file.
- You have already reported the loss to your insurance company.
How will GMAC Insurance handle my claim?
A GMAC Insurance Claims Professional will immediately begin processing your claim. After you report the accident you can expect the following steps to be completed in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. An adjuster will be assigned to:
- Verify all details of the claim.
- Determine if our insured is at fault for the accident.
- Evaluate the amount of damages.
We need to appraise the damage to any vehicle involved in the accident as quickly as possible.
- If your vehicle is drivable, the fastest way to appraise the extent of damage to your vehicle is to bring it to one of our conveniently located Drive In Facilities.
- If your vehicle is drivable and you have not done so already, call your field claims representative and schedule a Drive In appraisal right away.
If our investigation determines that our insured is at fault we will:
- Pay the amount the insured is legally responsible for, up to the limits of their coverage.
If the claim has already been reported, and you know the name or extension of the handling representative, please call 1-888-233-4575.