GMAC Insurance Fact Sheet
OverviewFounded in 1939 as Motors Insurance Corporation, GMAC Insurance's U.S. Personal Lines business offers a variety of property and casualty insurance products, including personal auto, motorcycle and recreational vehicle insurance. Serving the insurance needs of GM/GMAC employees, affinity group members and the broader consumer market through a network of sales, service and claims professionals, these products are marketed through multiple distribution channels, including independent agents.
As the country's only insurance company to come from within the automotive industry, GMAC Insurance has a unique perspective. The company understands that, to Americans, a car is more than a transportation tool. It is a tangible link to our freedom, self-expression, and most of all, the fundamental catalyst that keeps our lives moving.
In the event of an accident, GMAC Insurance's first priorities are to make sure its customers are safe and receiving the proper medical attention, if necessary. Then the company focuses on getting customers back on the road as quickly as possible.
From its SmartServices® -- a first-of-its-kind collection of benefits designed to help ease the post-accident recovery process -- to its customer service representatives that make you feel like a person and not a policy number, GMAC Insurance is built from the ground up to anticipate, understand and meet its customers' needs.
Our Products and Services
GMAC Insurance Personal Lines offers insurance products tailored for individual drivers, RV owners, modified specialty vehicles and homeowners through the GMAC Insurance Homeowners Program.
- Personal Vehicle Insurance – The products and services at GMAC Insurance are a distinctive experience - not merely about insurance policies. The company treats customers as people. GMAC Insurance underwrites the full spectrum of American drivers - young to old and of all driving experiences and histories - with services that can better assist customers in their daily lives. And it has been recognized for some of the most innovative and supportive services, including its nationwide towing service, 24/7 claims reporting, and its SmartServices®, including the SmartValet® and SmartReplacement® Program.
- Affinity Groups – GMAC Insurance partners with America's largest recreational vehicle club, as well as many unions, associations and social organizations to customize their policies and better serve their membership.
- RV Insurance – In perhaps the ultimate expression of handling special needs for groups, GMAC Insurance is America's RV Insurance Specialist. While most insurance companies treat RVs as a big car, GMAC Insurance's RV policies are specific to these unique vehicles, offering many of the industry's best coverage and protection plans.
- Specialty/Modified Vehicles – GMAC Insurance offers products to complicated areas of the market that are simply deemed too difficult for other insurance companies to underwrite. One example of this is specialty-modified vehicles. GMAC Insurance remains one of only a handful of companies willing to underwrite rural U.S. postal delivery vehicles, which are often modified trucks or cars used by people serving as contract letter carriers in remote areas.
- Homeowners Insurance – Through our partner Homesite, GMAC Insurance offers one of the most comprehensive homeowners insurance coverage plans, including medical payments coverage of up to $1000 for anyone injured on a customer's property, personal liability protection up to $100,000 per accident, and temporary living assistance when the home is declared uninhabitable. In addition, these limits may be increased to $5,000 or $500,000. Personal umbrella coverage is also part of the GMAC Insurance Homeowners Program.
Major Corporate LocationsSt. Louis, MO
Umbrella insurance is underwritten by PersonalUmbrella.com Insurance Services, Inc.